Free RMS Compressor VST Plugin (Beta)
TDR Feedback Compressor
A carefully designed RMS-based feed-back dynamics compressor. The processor is dedicated to sum/bus compression and operates very smoothly – even under difficult conditions. The plug-in is the result of an intensive study about the musical behaviour of “classic” feed-back compressor designs. However, it has conceptually nothing in common with “pseudo analogue”, “vintage” or similar buzz words. This is a proud digital processor, made with lots of love and care. :)
- Typical “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behaviour.
- All relevant calculations are done at 64bit precision.
- Bit-transparent differential oversampling structure (only the “wet” part is actually oversampled).
- Internal re-sampling via high quality linear phase filters.
- Advanced stereo-linking (reduces audible cross-modulation).
- Adaptive integration time RMS detector.
- Freely adjustable compression knee.
- Blend between the original and compressed signal.
- Optional side-chain HP filter.
- Optional low and high frequency saturation.
- Optional velocity-based auto-release (dynamic adaptation of release shape (!) and timing for transparent gain reduction).
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted).
Known issues & missing features
- Not yet optimized for sample-rates higher than 48kHz (sounds fine, but requires huge CPU power).
- Not SSE/SSE2 optimized (i.e. algorithm could run much faster).
- “Delta” monitor mode switch.
Download the latest version